Inter Faith Week 2017 will take place from Sunday 12 to Sunday 19 November.
The campaign aims to build good relationships and working partnerships between people of different faiths and beliefs.
Inter Faith Week will begin on Remembrance Sunday, and run until the following Sunday. It is hoped that the additional Sunday will provide the opportunity for other weekend events to take place as well as those linked to Remembrance Sunday.
The weeks aims to:
- Highlights the good work done by local faith, inter faith and faith-based groups and organisations
- Draws new people into inter faith learning and cooperation
- Enables greater interaction between people of different backgrounds
- Helps develop integrated and neighbourly communities
- Celebrates diversity and commonality
- Opens new possibilities for partnership
Having a special Week provides a focal point, helping to open inter faith activity up to a wider audience so that more and more people are made aware of the importance of this vital work and are able to participate in it.
For more information about the campaign, click here.
To find out what will be taking place in Leicestershire, click here.