The Centre for Ethnic Health Research’s goal is to increase the involvement and representation of Black and Minority Ethnic populations and diverse communities in research activities conducted throughout the University of Leicester.
We have a wealth of experience in community engagement and widening participation with the skills to be a key contributor to addressing this priority within the university and nationally. We also provide research support and assistance to public and third sector organisations.
Delivering Inclusive Research
The Centre for Ethnic Health Research has one clear vision: “reducing health inequalities”
We can provide researchers with expertise and support in:
- Patient and Public Involvement and Engagement
- Research design and methodologies
- Research Implementation and Dissemination
- Training in ‘Engaging with BME Communities’
- Training in ‘Cultural Competence’
- Organisation of focus groups, interviews and novel methodologies
- Access to the Leicester Real World Evidence (LRWE) Unit resources
- Translation/cultural adaptation of documents and resources
- Recruitment of research participants
If you’re a researcher and you would like support in any of the areas of expertise mentioned on this page please complete and submit the Research Support Request form below: